This job posting is no longer active
Join Coutts as a Wealth Manager in Birmingham
- If you possess a compelling blend of interpersonal and investment skills, this is an excellent opportunity to join Coutts in our Birmingham office
- You'll be honing your relationship management expertise as you provide bespoke advise to a range of high net worth clients, based on an understanding of their needs and ambitions
- At Coutts we offer modern banking based on traditional values. So although our name may be steeped in history, our products and services are very much for today
What you'll do
As a Wealth Manager, you'll work as part of a dedicated team that specialises in advising high net worth clients. With access to a broad range of solutions from across the bank, you'll be the clients' lead adviser, helping them articulate the purpose of their wealth, and the role they want it to play in their lives before advising on strategies to help shape their balance sheet. This will often involve employing relevant structures to help achieve their long term objectives.
In the course of your work you'll:
- Proactively build meaningful long term wealth management relationships with your portfolio of clients, and with key stakeholders including Relationship Managers and Private Bankers
- Keep up to date with changes in the financial and local market places, and maintain an understanding of Coutts' views of markets and asset classes, making sure they are reflected in your advice
- Demonstrate a fundamental commitment to Coutts’ business principles through outstanding client service, professionalism and risk management
The skills you'll need
You'll need QCF level 4 qualification, and you'll ideally hold, or have a commitment to progress to QCF level 6. You'll also possess an appropriate qualification in accordance with FCA Training Competence (TC) handbook. This should cover advice activity of securities, derivatives, and packaged products. Alongside this, you'll have a strong record of delivery in a regulated environment and previous experience dealing with high net worth clients.
You'll also need:
- Knowledge and experience of providing complex and financial advice
- Strong investment skills and expertise in detailed client profiling
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work to deadlines while maintaining high standards
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, which will be key to building and maintaining strong client relationships
Ideally, you’ll have a strong record of business development experience, and be able to grow your own portfolio from your own sources and skills, while servicing an existing book of clients. However we are also willing to consider appointing at Associate Director level for a less experienced individual, if you bring a real determination to succeed and can demonstrate your proactive plan to grow your portfolio.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At Coutts, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.