Join us as a Finance Business Intelligence Manager at RBS International in Jersey
- An excellent opportunity for you to apply your business knowledge and commercial acumen within our Finance Team
- This role is available on a 6 month basis
- There is the opportunity to gain valuable exposure across the wider business
What you'll do
Working closely with the Head of Finance Business Intelligence, and a variety of senior stakeholders, you’ll provide innovative analytical support and commercial insight into the financial performance of RBSI through the delivery of monthly management accounts to both group and local business stakeholders. You’ll apply your financial knowledge and expertise to challenge and influence decision making throughout the entirety of the process, delivering monthly rolling forecasts and supporting the production of the annual budget.
You'll also be:
- Executing monthly reviews to identify areas of improvement in financial performance and support strategic business plans, budgets and forecasts with insightful information
- Managing relationships with finance and business stakeholders to support the bank’s project and initiative reporting requirements
- Supporting operating model changes as appropriate
- Utilising a range of internal and external MI to assess business performance and effectiveness
The skills you'll need
We’re ideally looking for a qualified accountant, but will also consider you if you're part qualified or qualified by experience. We'll be looking to you to come from a finance or similar background, with relevant financial performance reporting experience. You'll have some previous experience in a business analytical environment, with an appetite for data management and delivery orientation, and an analytical and enquiring nature and skillset.
You'll also need:
- Commercial awareness and an ability to communicate financial information in a concise, non-technical manner
- The ability to work in a flexible environment, with planning and organisation capabilities
- To be able to work to tight deadlines and also to deliver through others
- To be qualified or qualifying in CA, ACA, CIMA or its equivalent
What else you need to know
Due to local legislation, you’ll need to be registered as ‘Entitled’ or ‘Entitled to work’ residential status to undertake this role.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.