We're looking for a Senior Auditor to join us at RBS International in Jersey
- This is your opportunity to develop your prior knowledge and experience in risk management or internal audit, with a clear route for personal and professional development
- You'll apply your analytical mind to the full, enjoying extensive variety as you steer and influence the business at a critical time
- We need people who can take a hands-on approach and pay close attention to detail whilst seeing the broader picture, and in return you can expect an open and collaborative environment
- This role will give you the platform to make a significant impact and influence our business managers to make sure they lead in a risk conscious way
What you'll do
You'll be mapping out processes, assessing risks and controls, and gaining an insight into the control environment by visiting business areas and establishing how to test effectively, at times leading on these engagements. By analysing MI and reviewing risk information, you’ll be identifying key business risks, working in collaboration to produce a final report compiling your findings into a high quality document, which will provide important insight to the business heads to adequately manage their risks.
Day to day in your role, you'll be:
- Providing functional expertise within Internal Audit and to our key stakeholders
- Contributing to audits of varying size and complexity across the bank
- Contributing to the development of the audit plan through on-going business risk assessment
- Assisting in the writing of high quality audit reports that help identify solutions for control issues
- Delivering work on audit assignments that comply with Internal Audit quality standards and procedures
The skills you'll need
You'll be able to draw on your previous experience in an audit and banking environment, and pair this with a relevant qualification in audit, risk, accountancy or finance so you can bring a detailed and comprehensive technical risk knowledge, and to deploy it effectively.
We're also looking for:
- Strong interpersonal skills as you'll be having open and effective discussions on key risks, engaging with business stakeholders, and on occasions coaching auditors
- A specific and detailed understanding of either Retail Banking, Commercial Banking or Private Banking processes, procedures and controls
- A good understanding of banking products and their distribution channels
- Audit, risk and control knowledge gained through previous audit experience or in a compliance role
- A clear understanding of the existing regulatory environment and forthcoming regulatory developments , and the likely impact of regulations and regulatory change on the bank and on audit
What else you need to know
Due to local legislation, you’ll need to possess the right to both live and work on the Isle of Man or Jersey to undertake this role.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.