Join Coutts as a Wealth Manager in London
- If you're an experienced, Mandarin speaking Wealth Management professional, who possess a compelling blend of interpersonal and investment skills, this is an excellent opportunity to join Coutts
- Working in this dynamic and cohesive environment, you’ll utilise your skills and experience to develop significant business relationships while supporting our clients’ ambitions by delivering business and investment expertise
- At Coutts, we offer modern banking based on traditional values. So although our name may be steeped in history, our products and services are very much for today
What you'll do
As a Wealth Manager, you'll work as part of a dedicated team that specialises in advising high net worth clients. With access to a broad range of solutions from across the bank, you'll be the clients' lead adviser, helping them articulate the purpose of their wealth, and the role they want it to play in their lives before advising on strategies to help shape their balance sheet. This will often involve employing relevant structures to help achieve their long term objectives.
With a proactive approach, you'll build meaningful long term wealth management relationships with your portfolio of clients, and with key stakeholders including Relationship Managers and Private Bankers. You'll also:
- Keep up to date with changes in the financial and local market places
- Maintain an understanding of Coutts' views of markets and asset classes, making sure they are reflected in your advice
- Demonstrate a fundamental commitment to Coutts’ business principles through outstanding client service, professionalism and risk management
The skills you'll need
We're looking for an experienced Wealth Manager, with particular experience of working with ultra high net worth clients from Asia.
You'll also need the following requirements:
- Fluency in Mandarin
- To be PCIAM qualified or have CISI RDR Level 6
- To be qualified to MBA level
- Knowledge of the UK Investment Visa market
- Previous experience in a similar Wealth Management house
- Experienced in advising clients on investment products like discretionary portfolios as well as lending
- Experience of building a book of clients in excess of £100 million Assets Under Management
Knowledge and experience of providing complex financial advice will be vital, and this will be supported by your strong investment skills and expertise in detailed client profiling. Outstanding interpersonal skills are also essential, helping you build and maintain strong client relationships.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.